Hedstrom Baptist Church has been around since 1895. Hedstrom is a church with a rich heritage whose greatest days lay ahead. In 1892, a Baptist Mission Sunday School started. In 1895, a building was purchased on Sumner Place near Walden Ave. In 1897, it was renamed Hedstrom Memorial Baptist Church. Today, we minister to the east side of Buffalo from our new location in Cheektowaga.
We are a Bible based church. We believe the Bible has all the answers to life’s problems. We are a family oriented church. Our Sunday School, Awana and ProTeen groups are still a vital part of our ministry. We are trying to allow God’s people to do God’s work in unity. We are not adapting our beliefs to the culture but rather stand traditional in our message and music. We strive to be relevant while leaning on the ‘ancient landmarks’.
Hedstrom Baptist Church is a group of “Real People serving a Real Savior.” We would invite anyone who wants to serve God according to the Scripture to join us. Our goal is to win the lost and train them to serve Jesus. Hedstrom is a place where everyone can find a church home and feel at home.
- We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be verbally inspired by God, inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; and that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and are sinners in thought, word, and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- We believe that Christian Baptism is the immersion in water of a believer in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; setting forth the essentials in the experience of the believer–death to sin and resurrection to newness of life. We believe that a New Testament Church is a body of believers thus baptized, associated for worship, service, and the spread of the Gospel.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and advocate.
- We believe in the “Blessed Hope”–the personal, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.